Tuesday 29 October 2013

Cinderella

It is 10:32 pm...I feel like cinderella anticipating midnight for the spell to break.  Although in this case for the magic to begin.  

The drive in went smoothly, no accidents, no one puked, politics never broke into conversation, and my mother kept her cool when she let someone else drive her beloved truck.  We were getting dropped off by friends and also employees of ours at the Halifax airport, and she let THEM drive all the way there, AND they are driving all the way back with her baby.  I am impressed and worried at how calm my mother was, although she did seem tense, and it was quite funny, I am giving her credit for not ONCE correcting them on how to drive it.  


I wish I could say it is busy in this airport, so that I had some entertainment watching people interact and stress out then calm down then get stressed again, but it is dead.  Everyone is...taken down a notch from how people usually act.  Everyone is tired, and kept awake from the lights and chairs that don't allow you to lie down.  I being one of them, although I don't have a problem with making a bed on the floor.  Some people do...don't see why.  This is how I look at it.  When you are asking to sit for X amount of hours than you have the right to lie vertical when given the opportunity, floors included. I like the floor, it has a strange and intriguing feature to it.  Like eating in a bathtub, or sleeping in a hayloft, or the back of a truck, or the back seat of a truck, lying on the floor feels so rebellious.  


This is the blog post that kick starts the several to follow where the main subject is pure waiting in all it's glory.  I am not on the floor....I cracked but who knows I might end up sleeping on the floor? 

Good night world, and goodnight to my bed at home, you will be missed tonight.

-Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment