Sunday 3 November 2013

Take off

The cabin has prepared for take off.  Everyone has been seated and everyone is ready.  The cabin is dark.  The plane is taxiing towards the runway.  I watch the little lights on the runway go by.  I am holding my breath waiting for that moment, waiting for something amazing to happen. I am waiting for the drug.

The wheels start to move faster and the engine starts to roar with determination.  It means business.  The world outside is moving so fast now it is passing me by, turning into a blur of my past.

And then it hits me, I am breathing it in, It runs through my lungs,  my veins are pumping it through me, the rhythm is getting louder inside my body.  I turn into it, my body, my mind, I am not me any more I am it.  Then everything around turns too.  It takes the air, the energy consumes the world I see nothing but red, swirling, explosive, happiness.  I have a lump in my throat, I have a spark in my heart, I am smiling with tears blurring my eyes, it is travel, I am travel.  Travel is my drug. 


-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment