Tuesday 12 November 2013

Day 12 (Joshua's Birthday)

We started the day off making two batches of soap.  Around noon we went to an essential oils company.  The place was very...elaborate.  It felt a little creepy how NICE everything in the building was. We stayed for about 5 minutes, looked the prices over and left.  Everything was overpriced and creepy.  

Day 12 also happened to be Josh's birthday (22...like the Taylor Swift song), and next was a "surprise".  Oh and of course they wouldn't tell ME what the so called "surprise" was, so I was in the backseat trying to figure out where we were going.  I (not the blow my own horn) am a horrible guesser (I used that term incorrectly).  I guessed things like shoe store and mall...I was more hoping than guessing.

We pull up to the back of a little mall.  A bakery sign is on the side of the building, so I start getting ALL excited and start planning what cake I am going to get.  We walk past the cake store...Past the makeup store..Past the shoe store...Past the clothing store.  And at the very back of the mall is (drum roll) the ART STORE.  We probably spent an 2 hours walking around and going "ouch" "ahhhh!".  Josh got some spray pain, markers, and a sketch book.  I sweetly asked my Mom if I could buy anything after asking her if she was getting anything...if my Dad has movie-science down then I have asking-for-stuff-in-the-polite-way-and-testing-the-waters-first-science down....I ended up getting a sketching pad and a set of pencils and charcoal.  

We got home and Josh set up a large canvas that he had bought and spray painted, while I sat on a pile of boards out side and drew.  The coolest thing about the night was that we were doing all this in a thunder and lighting storm.  Eventually huge drops started to hit my sketchpad and we rushed to get inside, and get the canvas in the garage.  

We spent the rest of the evening drawing at the dining room table and occasionally opened the side door and watched the lightning and thunder.  It started the hail later on and I started to feel horrible for the people that didn't have homes.  It was a rough night for them, I hope no one got sick or hurt from the storm.  

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment