Friday 15 November 2013

Day 13

We went to the project at around 8:00 AM.  It was our first day setting up the production room at the school.  The room we had been given was upstairs in an old class room.  We opened the doors and there was bird droppings everywhere, dust clung to every surface, and the windows were all mostly broken.  Not to mention it was full of old computers the ones that weigh 70 pounds.  
   We started taking out the computers and sweeping the floors.  We finished by mopping the floors and wiping the counters down.  While taking an air break outside on the balcony a class of little kids came by in a line.  They start saying "hello" and waving and dancing at us, and we start waving back and saying "hi".  Then I can't help it I go down the stairs and start hugging them all, soon enough Josh is beside me and my mom has the camera out, and one after another is running at me saying "love me".  I am picking them up and hugging them.  I have kids on my legs kids trying to hug me and swarming around in a huge circle.  I am in heaven at this moment.  Just pure bliss.  Eventually after 5 minutes of constant hugging the group trickles out and the kids move on.  We go finish the production room and have lunch.
  After we left the project we drive to an orphanage.  We go on a tour with the manager of the orphanage.  The orphanage is very very well run, and well kept.  It is clean and organised.  The housing system and care is the best I have ever seen in an orphanage.  I was so amazed and thankful that such a wonderful orphanage can be found in a place that really needs order like the system that this orphanage has shown.
  After we leave the orphanage we go home and on the drive back the storm starts up again.  The wind is intense and the lighting is lighting up the sky left and right.  It was such a cool ride home.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment