Monday 18 November 2013

Day 18

We went to a homeless park in the morning.  Paul and another pastor gave a sermon and we all sang songs. After we handed out bread and juice.  The service lasted about 40 minutes.
  
After we started out on THE DRIVE, with Tinta and Paul.  We were going to a game park, basically what a game park is is a huge (like enormous) area of free land that has a fence around it so that the animals inside don't go into the city and get hurt, or killed.  There is no hunting allowed in the game park, and destruction or harming the land is illegal.  Although you are allowed to drive through on dirt roads and observe the animals, but getting out of your vehicle is not allowed.  Also a huge part of the park has no roads on it so that the animals do have a place to get away from the vehicles that are passing through.  

The car ride was 2 hours.  Me, Tinta, and Josh were all squished in the back seat of the van for the WHOLE ride there...it was 35 degrees ( 95 fahrenheit).  On the drive there we pass little homes made out of steal that stretch on for miles.  

We finally get to the game park around 11:30 AM.  The first thing we see are two beautiful elephants.  We drive on for about 5 hours.  The roads are very very very (and if you didn't get the point) VERY bumpy.  I honestly think I damaged my spinal chord and my neck during the ride.  We saw many amazing animals in a state of blissful freedom which is something that is rare to find.  For most of the day I was in a state were I just could not believe what was before me eyes.  

Around 6 me, my mom, and I think Josh had eat stroke.  So we started heading back.  I felt dizzy, my mom was nauseas, and Josh explained it as "being slapped by a full grown man and the vibrating sensation afterwards".  Even when we pulled up to the house he noted that he was still being slapped. Josh had a shower first (his face is still sunburnt), then my mom showered (her legs are burnt), then I had a long luke warm bath and a cold shower (Face and Shoulders are...**sigh** burnt).  I crashed instantly after, and slept for 11 hours.  

-Z  

No comments:

Post a Comment