Friday 15 November 2013

Day 16

Today was our last day at the project.  We left the house at 9 AM in a rush.  Paul and Aly had a meeting in town so we were working at the project with the ladies without them.  We finished organising the equipment and finished making shelving for the soap.  We had lunch around 2 PM.  After lunch we talked about our visit and how much we have learned from these lovely ladies.  We each talked about the trip, and I mentioned how much love they had shown us, I also cried a little bit.  Whenever we saw these ladies even when we first met them they all gave us huge bear hugs.  I am honoured to have met them.  I know most won't be able to read this, but I want to say thank you again, for showing me how to except and love strangers that come into your world not knowing you or who you are but having the capability to love them anyhow.  

After lunch we made our last batch of soap with the ladies.  I made friendship bracelets for some of them and would run in when I had finished one and tie it around someone's arm and run back out.  We had to say our final goodbyes which was very hard to do.  I have become so very close to these woman I am truly sad right now.  They mean so much to me.  We had joked about our last day for so long, now it is here and no one is laughing about Queen adopting me or how we are never leaving.  Or how I am going to trade nail polish for the babies.  No one was joking, it was sad, and hard.

We got home around 4.  Mom and Josh walked to the mall, but I stayed in blogging.  I am in the office with Ale right now writing and uploading photos.  I am tired, and my eyes sting, I need a shower.  But I needed to get all this written, I needed to get this day out.  It was special, I hope you can understand how close I am to these people and how much today hurt, but you don't have to, I don't expect you to.  

So I am going to crash into a pile of dirty clothes now.  I am going to miss my girls.  My Chanel Girl, and Precious, and Francina.  I wish upon the stars tonight, I wish with all my might, that I will hug them again and see their beautiful faces one more time.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment